If you are reading this, then you love animals. Most would agree that animals are amazing creatures, with unique and sometimes very unusual behavior. At Dog Minders, we are fascinated by all things nature, and have come up with a list of some interesting and downright funny facts about animals we could find. Here are 16 unique and incredible facts about 16 animals for you to mull over.
1. The heart of a shrimp is located in its head
2. A snail can sleep for three years.
3. The fingerprints of koala are so indistinguishable from humans that they have on occasion been confused at a crime scene.
4. Slugs have four noses.
5. Elephants are the only animals that can’t jump.
6. A rhinoceros’ horn is made of hair.
7. It is possible to hypnotize a frog by placing it on its back and gently stroking its stomach.
8. It takes a sloth two weeks to digest its food.
9. Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.
10. A cow gives nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in a lifetime.
11. Bats always turn left when leaving a cave.
12. Giraffes have no vocal cords
13. Kangaroos can’t fart.
14. An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain
15. Around 50% of orangutans have fractured bones, due to falling out of trees on a regular basis.
16. Frogs cannot vomit. If one absolutely has to, then it will vomit its entire stomach.
Credit @ thedodo.com